Design Wizard is a graphics and video creation site – an alternative for Canva. Some pre-made designs and photos are free, some cost $1-$3.
When you create images or social media posts for your blog, it is important to make sure your graphics are professional, unique and of high quality.
Most people (including myself) are not designers, therefore it is important to have software that everyone can use for creating stunning graphics. And most of us don’t want to go through the trouble of paying for and learning to use Photoshop…
Design Wizard Pricing
- There is a forever free plan – you can use the essential design options, but you can’t upload your own photos & fonts and you can’t share directly to social media.
- The Pro option ($9.99/mo) offers more functionality and several credits that can be used to download additional images or videos.
- The Business plan ($49.99/mo) gives you priority customer service and your own account manager and video uploads/downloads.
Many of the images cost $1 to download so if you use more than 10 images a month, it is better to go Pro, get customer support and $60 in credits per month, which means you can download those images and not run out of credits.
This is the signup form for Design Wizard. In addition to creating an account manually, you can also use Facebook or Twitter:
Once you sign up, you are offered a 14-day trial of the Pro version.
With the Pro Trial you get:
- Complimentary one on one training with an expert designer (worth $100)
- 1 GB storage for own images
- Full customer support
- A simple license plan. (No watermark. Full commercial usage)
- 1.2 million curated, premium images and icons
- Over $60 worth of designs each month
Design Wizard Templates
Design Wizard offers over 15,000 templates and over 1.2 million images.
There are multiple types of you can choose from:
Let’s say you want to create a social media item. Clicking on the icon gives you the following options:
- Facebook post: 1200 x 900 px
- Facebook cover: 1920 x 1080 px
- Facebook ads: 1200 x 628 px
- Instagram image: 1080 x 1080 px
- YouTube cover: 2560 x 1440 px
I selected Facebook post. I can now search for a specific subject – e. g. Insurance. Some of the designs are free, some cost $1-$3.
Here is a short getting started video for text and image editing:
And here is another tutorial video for more advanced editing:
As you may have noticed, the above list doesn’t contain Pinterest pins.
You can use our Resize feature to resize any image for Pinterest.
Take a look at the attached image for where you can do this.
Once you changed the size to Pinterest, you can look for templates that fit your needs.
I selected a design to test –
I purposefully used the free version without premium trial so that I can see the limitations.
I liked the below design, therefore I decided to run with it. It has a nice color and font selection.
I was simply able to change the text on it – 7 Key Factors To Speed Up A WordPress Blog.
I can duplicate any of the the text and change the font or the color.
From this point I can download the design for free, jpg or png. The jpg version that I downloaded was 140 KB.
If I want to replace the image, I can buy any of the images for just $1, which is a very reasonable price. Unique photos increase Pinterest reach.
This review has gone over the main factors of Design Wizard. It is a great tool with a simple interface. Trying the free membership is the best way to test this out for yourself.