You want to buy an Amazon affiliate site. But how do you make sure it will make the money back that you invested into it?
What is a micro niche site?
A niche site is just a fancy name for a website about a specific topic.
For example, you might make a website all about school snacks for kids. You could post recipes or snack ideas or research on which snacks have the most sugar – whatever you want.
A micro niche site is just a more narrowed down version of that. For example, you might build a site about school snacks for kid’s with allergies (or vegetarians or diabetes). Not the greatest example but hopefully you get what I’m saying. The overall idea of the site is to give information to people about a very specific topic. Because your site is so niche, it makes it easier for people to find you.
Choosing a micro-niche
What’s your site going to be about?
First you need to pick a profitable niche. If you mess this up, the hundreds of hours of work you put into your website will lead to nothing and you just wasted all that time. People need to be spending money in the niche and the price range of the available products should be $50-$500.
There are two things to think about here:
- Is it a subject you are knowledgeable/passionate about?
- Is it a subject other people are searching for online?
The truth is, you can get a good micro niche out of any subject (yes, any). Games, parenting, fishing, avocados, BB guns.
Try and think about an experience that caused you to start researching/buying new things, or a particular problem that you needed information on recently and started Googling.
If you actually had trouble finding information, even better!
Since a good site doesn’t exist yet, you can make it.
Here are a few idea starters for helping you choose a micro niche:
- What is something you have bought online recently?
- What is something you purchased at the store recently?
- What is a question you have asked a friend for advice on recently?
- What is something you cook/make often? (niche recipe sites are excellent).
- What is something you’ve typed into Google recently?
- What is an item you spent a lot of time researching/shopping for?
- What was something that stressed you out recently that you needed help with?
- What is something you’ve bought that has made your life easier?
- What is something your friends are really into or spend a lot of money on?
Remember, micro niches are about information. People are searching for information – you need to give it to them!
If you bought a juicer recently, you could make a juice recipes site, even micro niche it down further into specific juices.
If your kids are playing with new toys or games you could build a site around toys for “insert blank”.
There really are endless possibilities.
Human Proof Designs: Help With Problems To Start An Affiliate Site From Scratch
If you ever built a new website from scratch then you know that it is a lot of work. If you are a newbie, it is more than just work. It’s a whole research process and learning curve on how to do it. Additionally, there are too many points where it can go wrong.
- The main point of possible failure is keyword research. Even if you have a profitable niche, the wrong keywords will ruin your chances of success.
- Lack of training. If you never built a successful site, chances are you are not going to figure it out without help. Do you know how to build links, how to do SEO, how to drive traffic? Courses like that can cost a fortune… The site you buy needs to include a plan that tells you exactly how to grow your site after you have taken it over.
- The next point is trying to do it all by yourself. What happens if you get stuck? How are you going to get help? You need some kind of a mentor or customer service to get advice.
- Content creation is a lot of work, you may not have time for it while having a full-time job.
- And, the worst of all, you will only find out in more than 6 months’ time if all the work you put into building your niche affiliate site was worth it or not.
Beginners usually have a problem picking a profitable niche and to build a site from scratch. The subject itself is already tricky and there is a lot of false information floating around.
What can you do? You have three choices.
- You may try to figure it out by yourself and be ready to fail…
- You can study a course that teaches you how to build one
- Or you can have one built for you by experts.
Cookie-Cutter Websites Don’t Work
When I say built-for-you websites, I don’t mean the so-called “turn-key” websites. Turnkey ready to use sites don’t work. They are made in a cookie-cutter way with the same template and many times even with the same articles. Stay away from those unless you will rewrite all the articles.
Yes, buying such a site is a cheap solution (you can get one for $35 or so on eBay and on other sites) and this will cut out your problem if you don’t know how to set up a WordPress blog from scratch. However, you will need to replace/upgrade all the content and you will have no guide on how to make your site drive in traffic and make sales.
I personally tried buying such a site before. It looked good, but I had no idea what to do with it. All the “promotion” tips I got with it was outdated crap, like telling me to write articles on article directories that had been downgraded by Google several years ago.
In any case, take it into consideration that you will need a workable system along with your website.
Real “Done-For-You” Sites
Now I am going to show you the REAL ready-made affiliate websites.
Warning: This is NOT a get-rich-quick plan. And it is not free. If that’s what you expect, you should close this page right now. Having a website is only a part of success. When you get your site, you will need to keep putting work into it. But you will get a head start and expert help. This applies to every niche.
These ready-made sites are built by my friend Dom Wells and his HPD team. The sites are built to make money with affiliate marketing: your visitors are sent to a merchant site (usually Amazon, but can be others), and when they buy a product, you earn a commission.
The HPD Success Guarantee Program 🎉
WHAT IS THE “SUCCESS GUARANTEE?”
We are confident in the performance of our sites and the abilities of our clients!
The HPD formula has proven to be successful time and time again with hundreds of our clients (since 2013!). That’s why we want to continue on with our mission and help reduce the risk of starting an online business with our success guarantee program.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
If, after 12 months, you’ve decided that you do not wish to continue with your site, we will purchase it back or sell it for you on our site! It’s that quick and easy.
HOW CAN MY SITE BE ELIGIBLE?
Just purchase a site and enroll!
The Success Guarantee Program is available upon checkout and this guarantee comes with access to our comprehensive training course, The Human Proof Method.
This is what you get:
- 1. A pre-researched profitable niche.
This means you don’t need to spend time on niche research and you have guarantee that your niche is profitable. Their research team is constantly looking for profitable niches. You just pick the one you like. If you already have a niche, you can ask the Human Proof Designs team to research it for you and build a website for you. They make sure there is a demand for that niche and that competition is not high.
- 2. Done-for-you keyword research.
Their researchers find the best keywords that will get your articles ranking and sales happening. They also let you select from several possible domain names.
- 3. Done-for-you content creation.
Their team creates original and unique content that is user- and search engine-friendly. You get a 2,500 word home page and 8,000 words of content total.
- 4. Unique design
Each affiliate site has its unique design with a premium WordPress theme and includes all needed plugins (even non-free ones). They never sell the same design to another person. This includes premium images.
- 5. Fully SEO optimized pages.
- 6. Reasonable price.
- 7. They provide you with complete training (lifetime access to their increasing video library) on what to do once the site is turned over to you. A six-month detailed plan, social media, content writing, outsourcing, plugins, link building, getting traffic, getting your first sale, etc.
- 8. Free tech support and e-mail support
- 9. Private Facebook group
- 10. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Their policy is simple… If you’re not happy, they’re not happy. No fine print. If anything wrong, you can reach out to their awesome support team and they will do everything to make it right. You get support as long as you need it.
- 11. Premium features: If you get the premium package, they also set up your social media pages, give you a logo and extra content.
The prices are extremely reasonable and if you are able to invest into this, it will definitely be your best internet marketing investment.
As I said before, there is still a lot of work when you get the website, it’s not a let’s get rich quick scheme. However it is a great shortcut to give you a jump start.
Content Creation for Affiliate Sites
Content is the main element of affiliate sites. Once you get your site, you will need to continue writing blog posts and build links.
In today’s saturated internet, you need to be prepared to write thorough reviews, which means several thousand words per article.
If you want to know what it takes, I recommend that you take a look at this blog post on choosing the right dog food by Your Dog Advisor.
It contains all the information on the subject of buying dog food. All your questions get answered, even the ones that you didn’t even think of. Types of dog food, reading the ingredients, the difference between the different methods of preparation (frozen, wet, canned), allergies…
Can You Make Money With Amazon Affiliate Sites?
At the beginning I was skeptical myself of the profitability of using Amazon as an affiliate program, as the commissions are usually 4-10 percent, the cookie expiration time is only 24 hours. I have read a few reviews that were arguing that you can’t build links to such sites, as they contain reviews, and you can’t make real money out of them.
Human Proof Designs builds and sells profitable Amazon affiliate niche websites all the time.
Now, I am not saying that you will make this kind of money/visitors overnight, but look what you can get out of such a website if you do this correctly. This should handle all your doubts.
This is the most interesting Amazon affiliate website that I have ever seen. These guys gather up the coolest gadgets and oddities from Amazon and around the web to showcase on their website. This site uncovers the cool, often hidden, things of the internet and people click on one of the Amazon Affiliate links to check it out in the Amazon store. I would say people would rarely buy these gag gifts and fun gadgets, but any shopping they do within the cookie expiration date gets a commission. ThisIsWhyIAmBroke works with more than just Amazon, but it’s one of their biggest revenue sources. And guess what, they make over $20K a month just from Amazon. They have 2.40M monthly visitors
This is an interesting review website that looks more like a magazine. This definitely helps give it some more credibility. They take a different approach, rather than writing long content, they focus on video reviews to show people the product they’re testing, racking in 2.3 million monthly viewers. This is incredibly valuable for people willing to buy, but want to see the product in a video demo before purchasing.
This website doesn’t even look good, actually it looks horrible. There is only a small dog on their homepage. But they have 1.30M visitors per month…
This is a great combination of a review site and something everyone loves. New parents have a lot of confusion when they bring a new baby into the world. BabyGearLab solves these problems by reviewing baby stuff and helping parents understand it and buy it. This site has been around since 2011 helping parents through the impossible decisions of what is best for your baby. They have 234K visitors.
How HPD Works
- You can pick a site from their niche list (see photo above) or tell them to build a site on any topic you choose.
- The main difference between Human Proof Designs and other similar services is that each site they make is completely unique. It’s not just “turn-key sites” I warned against previously. The design is unique, and also the articles are unique. They are written by Dom’s team of professional writers.
- EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM…. or the Best Niche – you can sign up to get notified, plus you will get special offers!
- Potential profit calculation.
How Long It Takes
Here is a typical timeline for getting your site ready:
- You buy the site
- You get contacted in 24 hours
- In 2-3 days you get the domain name sorted out and registered.
- The content and site setup takes around 4 weeks to create
How Much Is This Worth?
- Content – $400
- Premium Theme – $75
- Premium Plugins:
- EasyAzon Pro ( the quickest way to create Amazon affiliate links from within your WordPress post editor) – $47
- Thrive Content Builder (Create Eye-Catching Layouts & Landing Pages) – $67
- Thrive Leads (Skyrocket Your Email List) – $67
- Gravity Forms (a full featured contact form plugin) – $37
- BackupBuddy (to easily backup WordPress, to restore or move WordPress to a new host or domain) – $80
- Beautiful Premium Images – $20
- Domain Name – $10
- On-Site Search Engine Optimization – $50
- Keyword Research – $100
- WordPress set-up – $50
If you add this all up, it easily comes out to over $1,000, so you save a lot of money.
Please note that hosting is not included in this price.
These niche sites usually start producing income in 3-6 months. Of course this depends on the niche to a large degree and also how much time and effort you put in after you take the site over.
Niche Authority Sites
What Do You Mean When You Say Authority Site?
So for the sake of simplicity, an authority site is something which covers multiple sub-niches within the same broader niche.
This is in contrast with a narrower “niche site” that might focus on a smaller topic.
Niche site: Best skateboard trucks
Authority site: Everything to do with skateboarding
I think where most people make a mistake is thinking that they need to choose one or the other. How do you think an authority site is created? It starts out with 1 or 2 sub-niches and then over time more content is added.
And even if you don’t want to build a huge authority site with a massive following of loyal fans…you still need to keep adding content to a niche site to keep it fresh.
So in many ways they are the same thing, an authority site is just larger.
A niche site is an authority site that hasn’t added enough content yet.
Creating That Authority Site
Now, you can still start out with plans to build an authority site from the get go.
To do this, here is how I recommend you go about it.
- Research as many keywords as you can in the niche. Follow these posts (here and here) to get the best understanding of the process as you can. Essentially you want to make sure you have uncovered dozens of subtopics and every keyword for each of those topics.
- By then, you pretty much have enough keywords researched to last you a lifetime. Make sure you’ve organized them well into subtopics.
- Next, pick 2-3 of these sub-niches and start creating content for them. You’ll want to hit the ground running and aim for at least 50,000 words over 50 articles. You’re not going to create this overnight so feel free to add content overtime as it’s done.
- The point here is to focus on content in a batch and once that’s all sorted and you’ve got a couple of sub-niches comprehensively covered, then you can move on to all the SEO work and start getting backlinks. You can of course start that much sooner, such as once you’ve got 20,000 words of content, but initially your focus should just be on busting out that first 50k words.
- Google will start ranking you automatically by this point too, which will make it easier to get results when you do start link building.
By doing massive amounts of keyword research and then throwing huge amounts of content on the site, you start to see results like this, without even doing any link building…
Now, if you choose to start out smaller by building a site that just focuses on one sub-niche, that’s also okay.
The main difference is with a smaller sub-niche you’ll focus on one small subject and backlinks and SEO, which is more suitable for people on a smaller budget or who want to write all the content themselves… or people who are operating in a narrow niche without much scope to go broader.
Still, a lot of the time people ask something like “Hey, you have a site listed about frying pans, can I really make money from a narrow niche like that?”
The answer is, yes of course! But really you should think of this just as a starting point and eventually move into other topics like knives, spatulas, toasters, microwaves, crockpots, and all the other related sub-niches.
Which again, is something Authority Site customers get help to do very quickly. They do the research, create the content, and build the site for you, starting with 50,000 words.
All you really need to do is deep, and wide keyword research about every topic and subtopic in your broader niche, separate those into categories or sub-niches or clusters or whatever you want to call them, and then pick a couple of those sub-niches to dive into first.
You can read more specifics about the authority site service here.
Additional Human Proof Design Services
When you launch a completely new site, it usually takes at least 6 moths to see rankings and traffic. Google has for quite a while kept new sites in a “sandbox”. A search engines’ main goal is to provide the visitors with high quality information and websites. A brand new website can’t be trusted right away. If Google sees that you’re consistently adding quality content, they start ranking you.
Human Proof Designs aged websites are at least 6 months old. They register a domain, build a website and keep adding content to it for a few months. Once the website is well indexed and ranked, you can buy it.
This is the fastest option to seeing income from a niche website. They are aged, ranked and already getting traffic. Of course aged sites come with a much higher price tag at $1,497.
Writing content is vital, but it’s a lot of work. If you are just starting with your affiliate website then you need to write a lot. Some people are not good at writing and others have no time for it. Human Proof Designs write high quality articles for you for $20 per article. Each article is 1,000 words long, SEO and visitor friendly and is written by native English speakers. They have a minimum order of 10 articles. If you buy more, the price goes down.
Human Proof Designs also sells niche keyword packs. When they research a niche, the end result is a list of useful keywords for that niche, with number of monthly searches. You also get the top 100 selling products in Amazon for this niche and the competition keyword report for 3 sites in the niche. If you want to do such keyword research yourself, you need to put in a lot of time and pay for a keyword tool. (E. g. SEMrush costs $99 per month). You save a lot with the keyword packs at only $49. A keyword pack can be sold to up to 10 customers.
and Make Money from Affiliate Marketing (Free Course)
Includes the following: How to research and validate niche ideas, the different content types for Amazon sites, the exact site structure, how to build backlinks.
They have sorted through all the link building information and combined it with their own proven strategy to bring you this video course. Everything from basic link building, outsourcing, and PBNs.
Get high profile promotion with a press release when you launch your site.
Brand Builders is another company that builds done-for-you Amazon affiliate sites.
They give you a fully functional affiliate website in under 24 hours. They have a 96% success rate with over 1,784 sites built.
They are giving you
- the guarantee that every site they have built is in a profitable niche that has been thoroughly researched
- content that is written by true, knowledgeable professional writers, fully optimized to rank in the search engines, and ready to earn as soon as the traffic starts trickling in.
- the process that has worked for them for so many years
- putting that process to work in your own pre-made niche websites.
- a guarantee that your site is 100% unique, and will never resold to other customers.
- complete Traffic Acquisition Guide and have your questions answered so you are hours away from making money, instead of years and constant learning.
- You’ll get 24 hours per day, 7 days per week Skype and email support so you’re never left hanging, wondering what to do next.
- more than 50 training videos that give you an over-the-shoulder look
- 12 months of FREE VPS SSD hosting, which costs more than $300 on its own, and guarantees that you’ll have the fastest website in your niche, with zero downtime.
- a FREE SSL certificate for your website.
And, most importantly, they give you the complete blueprint you’ll want to follow after purchasing the website, so you can start earning affiliate commissions. Here is an example of the sites they offer:
Five Figure Niche Sites
This is your next option – not buying a ready-made site, but studying a course that shows you how to do it.
Doug Cunnington started his very first niche site 5 years ago…
The site was wildly successful – pulling in well OVER 5 FIGURES of profit within 6 months.
It’s not a fluke either.
It’s a repeatable process…
The proof? Check out the earnings for one of my sites in 2016, CRAZY GROWTH $100 in Jan to $14,767 in Dec:
Five Figure Niche Site is an entire step-by-step system for building a powerful and profitable Amazon Affiliate Niche Site.
It goes from start to finish, step by step.
- You will learn How To Pick a Niche that will be profitable.
- You will learn How To Brainstorm Effectively, even if you think you don’t have any good ideas.
- You will learn How To Find Keywords that no one else is targeting – and that gets you traffic fast.
- You will learn How To Write Content that Google loves to rank.
- You will learn How To Write Content that converts visitors to buyers.
- You will learn How To Write THE perfect Amazon Review…
- You will learn How To Promote Your Site, Network in a non-sleazy way, and Get Links.
- You will learn How To Scale Up Your Site and build a portfolio.
- You will get regular group Inner Circle sessions with the entire community.
- You will get EXPERT Q&A Interviews with successful niche site entrepreneurs, such as Rob Atkinson, Kevin Graham, Dave Fox, Josh Shogren, Dom Wells, Eric Carrell, and more…
- You will get the Unit Email List Building for Niche Sites
- You will get the Unit Beyond Amazon Associates to learn about making revenue from other affiliate programs.
- You will get the Unit SIX FIGURE Exit where I talk about selling a site for six figures.
If you know you want to create a niche site using the Amazon Associates program but you don’t know where to start, this course is perfect for you.
This isn’t a bunch of blog posts and podcasts loosely strung together.
This is a PROVEN SYSTEM that’s been tested by me and others.
Five Figure Niche Site is a SYSTEM that can give you freedom with your time and money.
This course is not open all the time, as Doug needs to supervise and help his students.
The price? It varies depending on the package you buy.
- The Basic package cost $590, or 10 Monthly Payments of $69.
- The Advanced package cost $1090, or 10 Monthly Payments of $129
- The Premium package cost 10 Monthly Payments of $227
(Prices are from last time the course was open.)
If you want to purchase ready-made niche websites then I do recommend Human Proof Designs. They have so far created over 1100 affiliate sites, written 26,000 articles and researched 45,000 keywords. If you are a beginner, this service is valuable to you. Not only do they give you a site with a profitable niche, they also help you and guide you along the way. As we see a large number of newbies failing, this is extremely important.
They had clients that signed up with absolutely zero knowledge and ended up making money with their affiliate niche websites.